26 June 2006

Sox Game

We went with Shan's friends, Tom & Jenn, to the Sox game on Saturday, and it was awesome! Tom had won loge box seats that looked right down the first base line. Here's a crappy camera phone pic, but you get the idea.
These were the second-best seats I've ever had, but overall the absolute best game I've ever been to! The forecast was rain giving way to thunderstorms, but the rain ended right before the first inning and didn't start again until the bottom of the ninth. Disenchanted pseudofans started leaving as we went into a tenth inning, but we stayed put and it payed off....big time! Somehow everyone knew Ortiz was going to do it, smash a homer and win the game, thus saving us from inning after inning of rainy disappointment. Then it happened, and the Sox crowd went craaaaazy! Anyone will tell you that I'm no baseball fan, but I just can't help getting swept up in the pride of Beantown fans. I haven't been to a game since I was a Beantowner myself (that's 3, count them, 3 years ago!), and the intensity of the crowd is apparently far greater since the Sox won the World Series. Rain and all, everyone stood and clapped and screamed non-stop, even after the team had returned to the locker room, and then Ortiz came back out for the post-game interview and everyone went nuts once again. You would almost think I was at a Bruins game, that's how loud it was. What a great game to return to.

After the game, we walked the length of the city to have dinner & dessert in the North End, and it hardly rained enough to get my ankles wet, nevermind dampen my spirits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home