04 August 2006

Professor Pete

I've just finished the third week of teaching my summer course, General Physics II for scientists and engineers, and with only two and a half weeks remaining I am beginning to feel relieved that it will end up being a successful endeavor. It is a lot of work to prepare a coherent 90-minute lecture that won't put everyone to sleep, and yet I've stayed on top of the work and managed to even show a knack for lecturing as well. Perhaps most surprising is that my students actually seem to enjoy my corny jokes and analogies, and I have been told by several of them that I am doing an excellent job at presenting the material clearly. I don't know what I'm doing right (or maybe wrong), but I'll just keep doing what I've been doing for another 13 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home