First Float
Sunny, fifty-five degrees, and no wind - sounds like the perfect canoeing weather, and it was indeed. Plans fell through today for a prescribed burn out on the Cape, so I spent my morning floating around Lake Wyola in Shutesbury, about 15 minutes from me. With the exception of the picture above, the entire shoreline is lined with cottages. Regardless, it's plenty big enough to provide a sense of privacy and a workout, especially when the wind kicks up.
I fished for a bit, as did a pair of majestic ospreys. Neither man nor bird caught anything for a while, but just before I left, I managed to succeed by hauling in this leviathan - a 6" pumpkinseed that hit a 3" lure. It put up one heck of a fight given its size, and besides, it's a fish, and one dinky fish is far better than no fish at all.
2 Comments:
Hey - I just found out I could comment right here without being a "blogger"
Sounds like you have a nice quite, peaceful experience. Have a great day.
Hi Pete - Aunt Annie here. I have been enjoying reading your blog. Are you sure you don't want to write for a living?
I think Grandpa would've been very proud of you (as are we all) to see you take such an interest in forestation. My father knew a great deal about Mother Nature. He never graduated high school, but what he knew about plants, trees, etc. most people will never know!
Ken and I looked at your tree ID pics and had a question. What is a Hamamelis Virginiana in laymen's terms? Yeah I know - we can look it up ourselves, but this is so much easier. lol
Ken knew the other trees, but this one stumped him.
Hope all is well with Shan and you. Look forward to seeing each other some time soon.
L, A*A* XOXO P.S. Here is my email address and my web page for my personal cheffing business.
krmsotherhalf68@yahoo.com
annesheavenlycuisine.com Keep in touch.
Post a Comment
<< Home